Vanished Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That one place where you can call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
Top 100 Wolf RPGs
Latest topics
» The Forum is back!
Forum Rules EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:54 pm by ~.Evie.~

» Posting Length Suggestions ( Open for discussion )
Forum Rules EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:27 am by SeriFang

» History of Vanished Dream
Forum Rules EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:15 pm by ~.Evie.~

» Additional add on to the rp rules
Forum Rules EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:03 pm by ~.Evie.~

» Chatbox Rules
Forum Rules EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 5:53 pm by ~.Evie.~

» Forum Rules
Forum Rules EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 5:49 pm by ~.Evie.~

Top posters
~.Evie.~
Forum Rules I_vote_lcapForum Rules I_voting_barForum Rules I_vote_rcap 
SeriFang
Bella
Blade
Dawnwish
Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user

Forum Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
~.Evie.~
Alpha
Alpha
~.Evie.~

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 5:49 pm

RolePlay Rules

Ok these are not rules but we wish you to read them so you know how to best RP

For those who are unfamiliar with Role Play (RP, RPG), it refers to the changing of one's behavior to assume a role, either unconsciously to fill a social role, or consciously to act out an adopted role. (said by Wiki)

We Roleplay on a semi-realistic level, which means human emotions, being able to talk, wolves using herbs and plants as medical remedies, etc. We do not however allow anything majorly unrealistic, such as superpowers or wings.

Liquid time is not allowed here; this is when your wolf character in in more than one thread at a time.

Roleplay in third person here please (Ex. His, he, she, her, or names).

While we do prefer quality over quantity, we do ask that you post at least three sentences, otherwise it's difficult for others to understand what your wolf is doing, making replying hard.

In RP and on the site you have the chance to change your character. Which means you can have a new name new rank new everything. Know though that you only get this chance once! Once you have changed your character that is it, you can't do it again.

We do not allow powers of any kind or one hit kills. Any fights conducted in the RP must allow for the other player to respond. Not every hit can land and not every dodge be made.

Preferably while there is a plot set up that no huge deviations would be made.

Under no circumstances is there to be anything related to mating. This does not mean mates are not allowed or pups are not able to be born (with permission of the Alphas) but that anything to do with it is not to be done in RP. This RP is open to all ages and as such no mature content is allowed.

Appearance

Base Coat - Unrealistic colours are allowed, though if they're extreme changes to what's natural, we suggest you have some sort of story that explains how it came about that your wolf is a rainbow.

Markings - Pretty much anything you want, as long as they don't glow, or do other non-normal things.

Changing Colour - Gradual seasonal change is allowed, though we don't allow instant changes all the time. (Like from blue to green every five minutes.) Please try to be realistic with this though!

Here is a list of colors that you can use in the pack:
Red - Requires no explanation
Green - Requires explanation in history
Yellow - Requires explanation in history unless it is a tint
Brown - Requires no explanation
Grey - Requires no explanation
Orange - Only shades, requires explanation in history
Black - Requires no explanation
White - Requires no explanation
Blue - Requires explanation in history unless it is a tint

Eye Colour - Once again, pretty much anything is allowed, though if it's drastically unrealistic, please come up with a back story to explain it.

Size - Your wolf can be smaller or larger than normal wolves, but please stay withing the boundaries of reality. (No house cats or elephants, we RP wolves!)

Hunting/Fighting

Fighting - We allow your wolves to have disagreements in RP and to hurt each other, though you may not fatally wound pack members without their written permission.

One Hit Kills/Dodging - Your wolf cannot kill an elk, or bear, or wolf, or human in one hit. Please be as realistic as possible when it comes to fighting, and give any opponent a chance, whether your controlling them or someone else. As for dodging, it doesn't go your way every time. Your wolf isn't on steroids, you don't have lightning speed. Things are going to knock you down, and it's unfair and frustrating to someone to role play a fight with someone who refuses to lose.

Hunting - As realistic as possible please and thank you. Even simple hunts like rabbits take skill, and it's certainly not an instant kill every time. Most of the time hunts don't work out, please keep this in mind! It also takes many wolves to bring down large prey, you can't go around killing a herd alone.

God Modding - Be especially careful not to god mod during a fight! It's frustrating to the other members participating, you need to give them a chance to reply to your posts. If you need to, make your posts shorter then usual. This is the one time when you can break the 3 sentence rule!

Other Predators/Creatures that aren't food.

Bear/Cougars - Wolves avoid these creatures, encounters with them are rare, and usually instigated by council members or those given permission, and are usually used to spice up RP, very rare when big plots are taking place!

Rabies - Rabies is a real disease that can actually affect your wolf. These unfortunate creatures are avoided, and only council members can introduce them.

Other Wolves - NEVER NEVER EVER will there be other wolves in RP that don't have their own account! They don't just appear when you post saying you see one. They have as much emotion and skill as the wolves we roleplay, and will be treated like so. Encounters are planned by the council, and usually part of plots.

Humans - Encounters with humans will only be instigated by council members.
Back to top Go down
https://vanisheddream.rpg-board.net

Forum Rules
Page 1 of 1